The use of face powder has contributed to beauty standards throughout history. In ancient Europe and Asia, a whitened face with a smooth complexion signaled a woman of high status. The prevalence of this trend was carried throughout the Crusades and Medieval era. During this time, women used harmful ingredients as face powder including bleaches, lead and lye.
L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Powder is a cosmetic product applied to the face to serve different functions, typically to beautify the face. Originating from ancient Egypt, face powder has had different social uses across cultures and in modern times, it is typically used to set makeup, brighten the skin and contour the face.
L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Powder generally come in two main types. One of which is loose powder, which is used to assist with oily skin in absorbing excess moisture and mattifying the face to reduce shininess. The other is compressed powder which conceals blemishes and maximizes coverage.
Absorbs excess oil and reduces shine on the skin’s surface for up to 16 hours. The lightweight pressed powder can be used alone, to set foundation after application, and/or throughout the day for quick touch-ups.
• Longwear Infallible Pro-Matte Powder: This lightweight pressed powder absorbs excess oil and reduces shine on the skin’s surface for up to 16 hours with a perfect matte finish for professional quality looks
• The Pro Look of Longwear: This powder can be used alone, to set foundation after application, and/or throughout the day for quick touch ups; Apply with provided sponge or your favorite powder brush
• Create a Flawless Look: Get a smooth, natural finish with the best face powder for your skin's tone and texture, from pressed powder for buildable coverage to matte powders for shine protection
• All Things Beauty: Keep your beauty stash stocked with the best; They have a variety of products to help you achieve any look - whether you need eye makeup for a killer cat eye or face makeup for a flawless complexion
• L'Oreal Innovation: As the biggest beauty brand in the world, They have an unparalleled commitment to combining the latest in technology with the highest in quality for the ultimate in luxury beauty
Discover a matte powder that defies shine for up to 16 hours. L'Oral Paris' Pro-Matte Powder absorbs excess oil and reduces shine on the skin’s surface all day. The lightweight pressed powder can be used alone for all-over medium matte coverage, to set foundation for a lasting look, and/or throughout the day for quick touch-ups. • Up to 16HR shine-defying pressed powder • Creates the perfect matte finish • Absorbs Excess oil and Shine • The pro look of longwear Up to 16hr shine-defying powder. Apply Pro-Matte Powder with provided sponge or with your favorite powder brush.
TALC, PERLITE, TRIISOSTEARIN, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE CALCIUM, GLUCONATE, MAGNESIUM GLUCONATE [+/- MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE ]
I LOVE this powder. I usually use Mac studio fix powder to foundation for YEARS! I only bought this powder to set the L’Oréal infallible matte foundation and it has proved to be my “go to” for everyday wear. Medium coverage and lasts all day. I am so impressed because I truly didn’t expect it to be as fantastic as it is! I will absolutely purchase this again. I have been using the foundation and loved it so I finally decided to try the powder. I have been using a super expensive powder for years and this one is 100 times better and even better its cheaper. It stays on all day and doesn’t look like it is caked on. Definitely my new favorite powder.
Test the powder on your neck or jawbone: Most of the women test the compact powder on their hands which is one of the biggest mistakes one can commit.
Blending power of the compact powder: Not every compact powder blends well with the skin and, hence, you should check out the blending power of the compact powder.
Fair people should opt for yellow based powder: Woman with fair skin complexion should always opt for yellow based powder.
Tan skin tone: If you are fair but have tanned skin, you should opt for the copper colored compact.
Medium skin tone: If you have medium skin tone, you should opt for apricot colored face powder.
Dark skin tone: Woman with dark skin tone should be extremely cautious while selecting the right type of compact powder as it can make your face chalky and ashy.
See Other best Face Powders
Powder that matches your skin tone can add a little extra coverage and help conceal any spots or scars that you may have. It can also look thick, especially as you reapply. L’Oréal infallible matte powder matches all skin tones when blended well. It’s great for killing shine and doesn’t add a ton of extra product to your skin as you touch up throughout the day.
Begin with your powder of choice and two brushes: a fluffy one, and one with dense bristles—a kabuki brush is perfect.
Step one: Apply your SPF, primer, foundation and concealer. Step two: Tip some powder into the lid, then dip your big, fluffy brush into it. Tap to remove the excess. Step three: Apply to your face, starting from the center and moving in big circles toward the outside. To finish, apply your blush, bronzer and highlight over top, and you’re done! If you want to reapply during the day, carry a pressed powder compact and a kabuki brush.
• It sets the makeup so it doesn’t come off or crease
• It gives a slight highlight to some parts of the face
• It also has a little pigment, to help
• It’s useful for enhancing the difference between the dark and light spots(it boosts the contour effect by making the areas around it lighter)
• It gives the look a matte finish