Pregnant? Are you wondering if it is safe to use a stretch mark cream during pregnancy? Then this article is for you as it addresses the things you need to consider before using a stretch mark cream and how safe it is.
Stretch marks are those narrow streaks that appear on the surface of the skin as a result of the skin stretching more than it can contain. The study shows that almost every pregnant women will develop these streaks on their skin.
Expecting mothers develop stretch marks due to the hormonal changes that come with pregnancy such as the rapid weight gain and the release of the hormone cortisol which reduces the production of collagen that increases the elasticity of the skin.
Pregnant women often develop these streaks on their breast, hips, buttocks, abdomen, and thighs. Although these streaks are harmless to both the mother and child, they can cause a problem with self-image and personality.
Various preventive measures are available to prevent and treat stretch marks, but not all of them are safe for an expecting mother. However, stretch mark cream one treatment that stands out the most; this is because it is safe to use, affordable and very effective.
Not all stretch marks cream are safe to use when you’re pregnant, that is why it is important to research the top stretch mark cream with the best reviews and also consider the ones with natural ingredients, so our team has done some researches on the best stretch mark Creams you can see here.
Natural ingredients you must watch out for before getting a stretch mark cream are;
Essential oils such as almond oil, rosemary oil, and avocado oil
These ingredients are generally safe to use, although, you should discuss with your doctor before using any of these ingredients.
1. Stretch marks creams serve as a moisturizer. Applying this cream on the body parts that are prone to getting stretch marks when you’re pregnant, can help prevent the occurrence.
2. Stretch marks creams serve as a moisturizer. Applying this cream on the body parts that are prone to getting stretch marks when you’re pregnant, can help prevent the occurrence.
3. Since surgery and other non-invasive treatments like laser therapy and microneedling is not an option when you’re pregnant, your best option is the stretch mark cream for pregnancy; they are safe to use, and regular application on your stretch marks helps to reduce their appearance.
4. This cream reduces the inflammation that comes with stretch marks and restores the skin tissue on the topmost layer of the skin.
5. Stretch mark cream helps to stimulate the production of elastin and collagen which is a need for skin regeneration and increase in skin’s elasticity.
6. Stretch mark cream helps to keep the skin soft, supple and improve the appearance of the skin generally.
7. This cream help moisturizes and nourish the skin as well as provide a smoother skin and even complexion.
8. Applying stretch mark cream helps to stimulate the growth of new skin tissues and reduces discoloration on the skin.
It is important to apply stretch mark cream at least twice every day for effective results.
Although stretch marks are part of the pregnancy package, you can treat them with the right products. You can see the best stretch mark cream during pregnancy that we ranked according to customer reviews.